Ministries Select a ministry from the right.
Vacation Bible School
Children ages 3 and up. Children will learn about Jesus by singing, creating crafts, performing physical activity, interactive Bible class and eating healthy snacks. Our goal is to provide a loving, diverse, energetic Christian atmosphere where children can flourish, be nurtured, and learn to love Jesus. Transportation Available. FREE
Summer dates to be announced
Our youth group mission is to get to know Christ, on a one on one basis, so that He can be real in our lives. We do not want to be a youth group that is uninterested in helping others and can only think of self. We want to reach others and to minister to them the way that Christ did ministry when He was here on earth. Since we are living in the last days we want to consecrate our lives completely and totally to God. We want to be found ready when out Lord and Savior returns for the second time.
Youth Group Activities
Friday Night Vespers - 6:00pm
A.Y. - Saturday Night, 5:30pm
Other youth activities throughout the week
If you are a young adult in the Killeen, Texas area, we'd love to have you join us at Killeen Seventh-day Adventist Church. The Young Adult Ministry consists of young adults between the ages of 18-35 regardless of life-stage. Our mission is to build and strengthen our relationship with God and with others. Although we are focused on reaching young adults ages 18-35, anyone can take part.
Young Adult activities include Sabbath school classes on Saturday mornings at 9:45 am. We also meet every other Saturday evening for Young Adult worship, fellowship and activities. There are small Young Adult groups that meet regularly for Bible study in homes too.
Wed like to challenge all of the young adults who say, There's nothing for me in this church, to take a chance, come to a meeting, and hopefully find something really great!
For more information about Young Adult Ministries, email email@example.com or call the church at (254) 699-6263.
Killeen Adventist Junior Academy
Interested in a Christian education for your child? The mission of KAJA is to provide a high quality, Christ-centered education in a safe, caring learning environment that encourages each student to cultivate a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and guides their academic, physical, social and emotional development.
3412 Lake Rd., Killeen, Texas, 76543 -- (254) 699-9466 Fax: (254) 699-0519
Go to the KAJA website →
Child Protection Program
Welcome to the Killeen SDA Health Ministry Department
“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth” — 3 John 1:2
It is God’s desire for His people to experience spiritual, mental, social, and physical well being. The health ministry is devoted through God’s Grace, to “promoting an integrated wellness lifestyle through modeling and through needs-based, scientifically supported, gospel-oriented materials”. Our mission is to make our church a center for health, healing and wholeness in our community.
Throughout our tenure we hope to incorporate the eight natural remedies of pure air, sunlight, temperance, rest, exercise, proper diet, the use of water and trust in Divine Power through health promotion, program development and continuing health education.
Goals and Acitivities:
- Health Promotion: Weekly health spotlight, monthly health focus, fitness and cooking classes
- Program Development: Health seminars (smoking cessation, coronary health improvement program CHIP, sexual education for teens), periodic health screenings
- Continuing Health education: Educating visitors and new members through precept, example, and literature, about the principles of health and temperance
Year Schedule (subject to change):
- July: Summer Health Seminar
- August:Summer Health Seminar and Health Screen
- September: Physical Health Awareness, Lets Move Day 9/25/11
- October: Mental Health Awareness, Health Education Emphasis Week, Emotional Health and Wellness 10/12/11
- November: Gastrointestinal Diseases Awareness
- December: Infection Awareness, World AIDS Day 12/1/11
- January: Coronary Health Awareness
- February: Child Health Awareness
- March: Women and Brain Health Awareness
- April: World Health Awareness
- May: Occupational and Heat Safety Awareness
- June: Men and Cancer Health Awareness
Your Health Ministry Leaders:
- Jim and Travea McGhie-Brooks can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.